70 hour Quick Start TEFL
Course Fees Now: £156.00
(including a 20% discount - original price: £195.00)
Achieve your accredited TEFL qualification in as little as 2-3 weeks or do the course in your own time over 6 months. A great foundation in English teaching Essentials. ** Now with free Teaching English in church guide.**
Who is this course for?
Anyone starting off in TESOL and looking to serve in a mission setting; no teaching background is required. We'll take you step-by-step through the essential skills to succeed. This course is ideal if you’re already in place and want some extra guidance quickly on how to teach English, or:
- you want to gain a basic foundation knowledge in TESOL / TEFL
- you wish to serve overseas and teach English in a mission setting
- you would like to gain a TEFL qualification but get started teaching as soon as possible
- you are looking for a qualification assessed by the independent, UK, TESOL body ACTDEC
- you would like Christian content/input alongside your course via Christian trainers and a free 80 plus page illustrated guide: Teaching English in church
How the course works
As soon as you register, you'll get directed to log in to your personal student area where you can message your tutor, download your course and view latest TEFL jobs worldwide via our jobs feed.
After downloading your first module (there are 4 in total) you can work offline when you want to, which makes this a really good course if you have a variable internet connection. But when you are online, we've included live teaching segments, podcasts and links to some of the top EFL material to keep you interested and motivated.
When complete, upload your modules via your student area and get full feedback from your tutor. We've made it so easy for you to follow and complete.
Why not add a 30 hour specialism in young learners or business? Simply add on when prompted at checkout. You'll get 10% off the total price when you purchase them together.
This course will typically take you between 6-8 weeks to complete, but we go at your speed and allow up to 6 months for course completion for maximum flexibility. You can also go faster and complete in as little as 2 weeks if you wish to.
Our courses are open to all native and non-native English speakers with good written and spoken English. If you are a non-native English speaker, please see the course eligibility requirements on our FAQ page. Remember you can always ask us if you are not sure about your level of English.
Applicants should be 17 years or older with a good standard of education or significant life experience. If you would like any advice on this, please contact us on 01392 346555 from inside the UK or +44 1392 346555 from outside.
This 70 hour course covers the following areas in detail:
Part A – Welcome to the course
- Course introduction
- What is TEFL/TESOL?
- The Role of the Teacher
Part B - Classroom Management 1
- Warmer Exercises
- Classroom Layout & Discipline
- Preparation and Setting Objectives
- Pair work and Group work
Part C - Language Awareness 1
- Learn about Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs
Part D - Basic Skills 1 - reading and writing
- Overview of the Basic Skills
- Reading & Writing
Part A – Choosing Materials for Different Ages and Levels
- Adult Learners and Young Learners
- Course books
- Internet Resources
Part B – Grammar 1 – Present and Past tenses
- Present Tenses
- The Present Simple & Continuous
- The Verb ‘to be’ and Auxiliary Verbs
- The Past Tense
- Past Simple & Past Continuous
- Regular & Irregular Verbs
Part C – Language Awareness 2
- Learn about Pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions, interjections
Part D - Teaching Vocabulary
- Approaches to Vocabulary Lessons
- Storage and Retrieval
Part A - Teaching in Action
- A review and questions on the Christian TEFL video - Train to Teach English
Part B – Grammar 2 – Future Forms
- Making Predictions
- Plans & Intentions
- Instant Decision & Future Facts
- Making Arrangements
Part C – Classroom Management 2
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Making Corrections
- Spoken & Written Correction
Part D - Basic Skills 2
- Speaking and Pronunciation
- Giving Instructions Consensus Seeking Activities
- Pronunciation, Stress and Intonation
- Listening Comprehension & Other Listening Ideas
- Working with Video
Part A - Grammar 3 – Perfect Forms
- The Present Perfect Simple & Continuous
- The Past Perfect Simple & Continuous
- The Future Perfect forms
Part B – Lesson Planning and Staging
- Presentation, Study & Practice Stages
Part C – Confidence in the Classroom
- Teaching Your First Lesson
Part D – Welcome to the TESOL World
- Prospects for the EFL Teacher
- Sample Careers in TESOL
- Getting Your First Job
Part E - Exam Question
Read some comments on this course from trainees who took it with our sister organisation, Global English:
I have really enjoyed this course and am very glad that I chose Global English. All of the staff have been so helpful and friendly, making it seem as though I actually count! Thank you so much everybody.
I have just completed my first session of teaching. All but 2 of my 17 students passed the exams and have moved on to the next level. I believe this success rate is due to the training I received from Global English. Your Guidance on lesson planning has proved invaluable.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this course. Clare Welch was a great tutor, all my questions were immediately addressed, and I found the course material to be challenging and thought provoking.
This 'Quick Start' TEFL course is ideal if you want to get started in TEFL right away - but don't want to compromise on quality.
We're so sure you'll love our courses, we offer a 14 day money-back guarantee. Enrol today, start your TEFL journey today...
A Christian TEFL certificate is awarded free of charge upon successful completion. If you feel that it is not helpful to have the word 'Christian' displayed on your certificate, you can opt for an equivalent TEFL certificate from our sister organisation, Global English, instead.
An additional, external level 2 certificate awarded by ACTDEC is optional upon successful completion for £30 (PDF). ACTDEC accreditation means you and employers can be assured that this course has met strict, external quality criteria.
Click on the certificates to enlarge.