FAQ Category

General FAQ
top 10 faq's

General FAQ

Is there continued support from Christian TEFL after my course is finished?
Yes, we are always on hand to answer questions, help with a CV or chat about teaching and service. You can find us on twitter, facebook and YouTube to join in the conversation!
Do I need a degree to do the course?
No. Although many of our students do have degrees, we welcome applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds. ‘A’ levels, a HS diploma or significant life experience in teaching, business or some contact with children is advantageous. Some placement organisations may wish you to have a degree and in certain countries it may be required so that a work visa can be issued. Our advice is to also check with the placement organisation you are planning to travel with.
What’s the difference between TEFL and TESOL?
TEFL means Teaching English as Foreign Language TESOL means Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. The terms mean the same thing and are often used interchangeably. It doesn't matter whether you do a TEFL course or TESOL course, but if choosing an online option, then an accredited TEFL course is important. Ensure your online TEFL certificate/TESOL certificate is awarded by an professional external accrediting TEFL body such as ACTDEC and is not just an in-house certificate. See our accreditation page for more information on why getting the right accreditation is important.

Please complete the simple form below:

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

Privacy Policy