Number of TEFL/TESOL positions available:
Start date, hours per week and length of contract/duties:
Mid-August 2020 for new teacher orientation at Sias University. This is required for new university teachers and optional for our partner schools.
Pay, holidays and additional benefits:
Jobs offer 2-3 months holiday to explore Asia. The holidays are a week in Fall and Spring, 5-7 weeks long in the Winter and 8 weeks off during the Summer.
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare – with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance (up to 5000 RMB)
- Accident Insurance
- Private Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Free Weekend Trips: www.academicsinasia.com/culture-trips
- Paid Winter Holiday (7-8 weeks of paid holiday during term)
- Option to sign a 3-year contract providing an extra 2 months paid summer holiday.
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Student Loan Deferment Advice
- Starting salaries range from 6000 – 9000 RMB (900-1200 USD) a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. (In 10 months it’s possible to save $3000 USD).
Use this tool to estimate your savings:
Any application fees to applicant?
No. There are no fees to apply or be employed. Optional training is suggested. It is called Long-term Impact Training (LIT). See www.academicsinasia.com/lit/
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or higher preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred (if you have less than 2-years teaching experience you will need a TEFL certificate). Approved Christian TEFL or similar certificates preferred.
- We give preference to those with international experience, have a history of being a role-model to students, and are patient and flexible when cultural differences create tension or strain.
- New employees need to be between 21-64 years old.
US, UK, Australian, Canadian, S. African, New Zealand or those with a neutral English accent from India, Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines, etc.
Other qualifications (e.g. degree) or TEFL experience:
China’s Foreign Expert Bureau requires the completion of a BA Degree.
The school/organisations are not overtly Christian to the public but we are looking for Christian teachers with a heart for students and who can be witnesses to Jesus in their lives by their actions and attitudes.
For more info, see this intro videos: https://youtu.be/udueN3ubihk
School name: Sias International University
Our partner schools have their benefits listed here: http://www.jobs.academicsinasia.com/
SIAS University Benefits include: http://www.academicsinasia.com/employment/
Apply direct from below.